Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Accidental Activist

Waving signs, chanting slogans is not my thing.
But The Resistance called on a February day
That mimicked a New York Spring.

“Where are you, Marco Rubio?”
Was not the forlorn lament of a lovesick girl.
Citizens were seeking redress of deep concerns a swirl.

I scanned the crowd for friends to embrace in solidarity.
With bullhorn raised, fired-up Trina called the crowd to action
To make a real difference, not to win popularity.

How to show my commitment was the challenge essence.
Pulling out my phone, I started shooting videos and photos
Posted to Facebook as proof of my presence.

In the war against fascism, I will not be a pacifist.
I am ready to join forces and take up the fight as
The Accidental Activist.

No comments:

Post a Comment