Friday, March 3, 2017

The Indefatigable Mr. Smith

I first met Carlos Guillermo Smith when I became a precinct woman for the Orange County DEC in spring 2010. He was the legislative aide to Scott Randolph in Tallahassee at the time. Last night, I was at the ribbon-cutting for Carlos's district office. He is now the Florida State Representative for House District 49.

I greeted Carlos with one question: Do you ever sleep? The indefatigable Mr. Smith said not much, with a proud smile. It seems about half the posts to my Facebook page are from Carlos, chronicling his debates, speeches, and media appearances. Although a freshman member in the minority, Carlos is not sitting back to see how it is done. His experience as legislative aide serves him well. He is determined to make a difference from the start. I am confident that he will.

I am proud to be a supporter of Florida State Representative Carlos Guillermo Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment